Thursday, October 1, 2009

First two weeks

Well, by the end of our first week in our new city, I've managed to find a grocery store, Super Wal-Mart, Petsmart and an Ulta Cosmetics; these contain just about everything I could need, at least for a few weeks. The city is crazy for a new-comer to navigate around as it's set up on a wheel system with spokes rather than a grid system but with my trusty GPS, I'm confident venturing out on my own. Although, there is one intersection by our apartment that even throws Betty (what my husband and I call the GPS) for a loop. It seems to be a merger of an old road and a new road that flow into one of the cities main arteries. So, there are times when we just have to ignore her insistent yet pleasant pleas to turn around an go left.

I knew that emotionally I'd be much better prepared for this move then our adventure to Phoenix 2 years ago. When we embarked on that "trip", it was my first out-of-state move since moving to Colorado when I was 4. I left a house that I had been in for 8 years, a job that I loved and several good friends. This time was different as our lives when we returned to Denver a year later we not the same. The economy was in the toilet leading up to the election, my house had tenants in it and we lived with various friends for a year as both of us had trouble finding work-something we hadn't expected.

So, here I am; two weeks in and haven't found myself crying on the couch in a depressive state from the shock of all the changes. Kudos to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment